To contribute to the well being of children with cancer and life threatening blood disorders, and their families.
What is "CHOC"?
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation is a country wide voluntary organisation. It brings together the parents of children who suffer from all varieties of cancer or life threatening blood disorders.
Funds raised are applied to directly benefit the children and their families, and also support those involved in the treatment of these most serious illnesses.
The goal of this dedicated group is to improve the welfare and quality of care for children with cancer.
The organisation provides direct practical help to children with cancer, from diagnosis onwards, recognising the inevitable disruption to family life when a child faces vigorous and often lengthy treatment.
The name CHOC (an abbreviation of "Childrens Haematology Oncology Clinics") was used by the first local parent group, established in 1979. In 2000 a new national organisation was formed, linking parent groups in all parts of the country."
People Opposing Women Abuse was established in 1979 as a response to the high levels of violence against women experienced in the community. POWA has thus, effectively been operational for the past 23 years.
- GND Ellen Mahlangu
- GND Celeste Stanley
- Girl-Next-Door Calendar Search
- GND Bianca Griebenow
- Vote for your favourite GND!
- Sexy Sasha – the world’s sexiest woman
- Cape Town is world’s top tourism destination
- So… who will be FHM’s Sexiest Woman in the World 2011
- Lenge Kotze
- What men want in women
- Showing Skin
- Quick meals quickly cheat you out of your health and energy
- Doutzen Kroes
- Why do men use silly pickup lines?
- Fast moving & fast growing - sandboarding takes off