There are quite a few options open to get your teeth whitened!
Get your teeth cleaned at your dentist and avoid foods such as chocolate, dark-coloured berries, red wine, and coffee which are likely to colour your teeth.
1. You can ask your dentist to bleach your teeth. The process will take several weeks at about half an hour per visit.
2. You can buy a home whitening kit from your dentist, the dentist will fit a mouth guard and supply you with a bleaching gel, usually carbarnide peroxide, you will have to wear the mouth guard for several hours every day for several weeks. The downside is it could make your gums very sensitive.
3. You can buy similar teeth whitening kits at the chemist, the problem with this cheaper option is the mouth guard won't be an exact fit which may cause an uneven finish.
4. Alternatively you can buy bleaching or whitening strips, these don't use gum shields and can be very effective when applied twice daily for 14 days. However you can only use them on the front teeth and they don't whiten right up to the gums leaving a yellow line.
If the above doesn't appeal, you can get your teeth cleaned at your dentist and avoid foods such as chocolate, dark-coloured berries, red wine, and coffee which are likely to colour your teeth.
- GND Ellen Mahlangu
- GND Celeste Stanley
- Girl-Next-Door Calendar Search
- GND Bianca Griebenow
- Vote for your favourite GND!
- Sexy Sasha – the world’s sexiest woman
- Cape Town is world’s top tourism destination
- So… who will be FHM’s Sexiest Woman in the World 2011
- Lenge Kotze
- What men want in women
- Showing Skin
- Quick meals quickly cheat you out of your health and energy
- Doutzen Kroes
- Why do men use silly pickup lines?
- Fast moving & fast growing - sandboarding takes off